jeudi, avril 07, 2005
  doesn't ironical just mean ironic?
Everyday lately when I get home before I open my door I have to go through a little bug-killing ritual. As in, the other day, Brad and I probably killed twenty of them that were lingering on my door. It's disgusting, because these guys are bigger than your average fly, but luckily they're slower, so we manage to mash 'em up pretty good. I hate them. I hate BUGS.

I think I'll take Tone-L's advice and let the matter of the professor harshness go. It really pissed me off; and the other thing is that it adds a little anxiety for my final mark. I keep a running tally of how I'm doing in all my classes to date so I know where I sit heading into finals. In this class I've only got 24.5 marks out of a possible 45 so far. We have another "creative writing" assignment to do worth 15 marks, another debate worth 5, then the final, worth 30. So I guess my strategy will be to give a lot of attention to these last few matters.

The good news is that I'm pleased with the rest of my current marks. If I study relatively hard for my final exams, and perform to my usual standards on my two final papers, I should be able to come out with marks above 75 in most classes. That's not quite the 80 I was striving for at the beginning of the semester, but let's face it, this semester has been tough, and I'm not superwoman (bet you didn't know that, huh).

Today I got a letter from the school addressed "Dear Probable Graduate". Which reminded me that I better order some grad pictures. I also have this crazy thought that I maybe do want to come back for the convocation ceremony in June. It's a bit of an unrealistic dream, though, given that I'll have to come up with more cash to afford to fly back down this way after being in Calgary for only a month and will still likely be rather destitute. Who knew I'd have friends that I'd want to come back and celebrate with?

But I do, you know.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home