mardi, avril 19, 2005
  everything is temporary anyway...
Tomorrow is my first exam. Last night I finished my last minor writing assignment, so it's all studying now. Then the big religion paper.

First up: 20th Century World. I'll be learning about Blitzkreig, McCarthyism, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Great Leap Forward (in China, 50s and 60s...), etc. I've got a lot of reviewing to do...!

This might seem like a silly thing to observe, but yesterday it occurred to me that the good thing about the exam period is that there aren't any classes to waste your time. Most of this semester I've been struggling with trying to get my load of work done while still attending three classes every day (okay, I ended up skipping several when I was super-busy). It's good to have more free time to study and attend to various little things which help preserve sanity. Yesterday Devin and I even managed to sit in the quad just relaxing for a bit, enjoying the sunny spring day.

I also have the chance now to contemplate my next move. There has been a little bit of debate about trying to find a short-term summer job here in L'ville so I could stick around at least until the convocation ceremony on June 11. But I'm not sure about that. The realistic side of me says I should just book my plane ticket for the first week of May and get myself "home" to face reality (i.e. the bills that will be piling up).

Maybe something awesome will happen this week. Maybe my dream job will magically appear suddenly on some website I'm perusing. Or the newspaper I pick up. And then when I apply for it, they will see my resume and think, "of course! That's her!"

Yeah...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home