lundi, avril 18, 2005
  Hola
I took the bus into "El Centro" - downtown Cancun. I am at the tourist trap "Market 28". It is pretty commercialized here, or Americanized maybe. I didn´t realize this until taking the bus the length of the "Hotel Zone" though since the Hotetur is right at the beginning of the stretch. I walked the length of the beach yesterday (and got sunburned on my back - reapply after swimming Dani!!) and it all looks the same from there (I mean the hotels). From the road, you can tell who´s spending more money and likely eating better food. The Hotetur is fine though, as mentioned, my room is right on the beach (the beach is a pretty narrow strip of sand) so I hear the waves constantly. The wind has been pretty strong since I got here so the windows rattle alot too.

My worries about overpacking were unfounded and now I find myself wishing I had more clothes to choose from. If I can find another bikini today and maybe some other summery clothes, I will purchase. This market is right across from a Walmart of all things. I´ll try not to go there though.

Anyway, don´t want to stay inside all day. It´s really nice to be able to be outside and completely warm in just a tank top.

(Oh yeah, the beach is absolutely beautiful. I made a mini-movie of the crashing waves too. :) )
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home