mercredi, avril 06, 2005
  ouch
This afternoon in NA-1860 we got our term papers back as well. Dr. Manore judges pretty harshly for a first-year class, I think. I say that because my other teachers have been a lot more encouraging of my writing, even when I didn't think my stuff was that good. She said, "you write well, for the most part". Sounds a bit like a compliment, I guess. But that's about as nice as she gets.

I even get accused of using "Canadian patriotic rhetoric". Because I made the point that Canada had "jumped in with both feet" (to the war), while Mexico didn't. Just because there are exceptions (i.e. the minority populations of Canada either disagreed or were discriminated against) to that doesn't make it less true. When you research the limited role of Mexico in the war, you see that as a nation, Canada WAS way more involved. It's not just rhetoric, lady.

Anyway, she gave me 17 out of 25, which is already a 68% to begin with. But then she deducted 5 marks for lateness, and I'm down to 12, giving me a not-so-impressive 48%. No mercy from this lady. I'm debating going to visit her and expressing my concerns, but at the same time I know that I deserved to have those marks taken off. It's just that most teachers usually talk about late penalties, but in practice they show a little compassion. I'm not really sure why she has to be so rigid. GRR.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home