samedi, avril 09, 2005
  what I think
I think the Liberals are going to be forced to call an election. And this time they will lose. Even if it's just a Conservative minority, the Liberals have screwed themselves out of power.

(Maybe that much is obvious)

I'm doing research on democratic reform for my political analysis class, and it makes me think that no matter which party is in control, unless we change the system, we will continue to see lack of accountability in government.

It used to piss me off when people were so quick to criticize our federal government. I would say, "could YOU do a better job?" Because I truly believed that politicians were honest men and women doing the best jobs they could within a system that they did not create. And that could still be true, to a degree.

What we need to see, though, is somebody, anybody, stepping up and saying, "That department [policy, program] was MY responsibility, and it's MY fault that things went wrong." It is pure stupidity on the part of the Liberal party to think that Canadians will go for this utter denial of knowledge coming from every person of power concerning this sponsorship gongshow.

What we also need to see is less resistance to change. Paul Martin has appointed a Minister Responsible for Democratic Reform, but change is coming way too slowly. So far they've enacted new party financing laws. I think that's it, though. The people of this country need more transparency (visibility) on the mechanisms and accountability in government. And they need it NOW.

The point of a political party is to get elected. Without the confidence of the voters, Paul and his buddies are going to miss that goal.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home