lundi, mai 16, 2005
  and you haunt me like a ghost
That dark force threatens me. The negative perspective that looks at my life and says, is this what you went to university for?

Today I filed my income tax return (I have a respectable refund coming my way which should help make me less destitute for a while). I dropped off ROEs to HRDC, to support my claim for Employment Insurance (hey, I've paid into it, why not see if I qualify for benefits until I'm working?), I called a temp agency that has treated me well in the past to say please put me to work; I'll take anything, I applied for another job with the federal government.

I keep thinking I should have planned this a little better. I should have arranged to stay in my place in L'ville and figure things out before just heading back here to be with my stuff... 'Cause it's hard constantly reminding yourself that the displacement is short-term - the not-having-your-own-space, the imposition-on-family, the crossing-of-fingers that I'll stumble upon cash to afford to pay my way. I'm stupid to be here: dependent.

(/self-pity)

But at the same time, I know if I can just stick it out for a while, get back on my feet and make a plan, I really am in a good place with lots of opportunity ahead of me. That part takes a lot of effort, though.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home