mercredi, mai 11, 2005
  everyone here knows how to fly
My stuff arrived today. Three hundred and four dollars with Purolator (UPS was much too complicated this time). I seem to have amassed significantly more possessions than I left Calgary with. I just threw out a ton of stuff yesterday and now I've got twenty-five more boxes to go through. At least my computer's here, though. I wasn't thinking and forgot to email myself my resume, so I haven't had it to use for job-hunting (good excuse, no?). Devin said I could just make a new one easily, but he forgets that I'm ancient and have years of experience to document that may not be quickly reproduced from memory.

Actually I should thank Devin (and I have) for being so great with helping me get my stuff here. You see, Stacey's not the best packer. So I wasn't quite organized to leave on my last day in L'ville, and managed to miss the cut-off time for UPS. So I flew away with all of my stuff still sitting in my shack. And was on the phone all the next morning with UPS, Fedex and Purolator, trying to find someone who could accommodate my needs. Devin handled the remainder of the packing, labelling, and meeting the pick-up driver.

In other news, having kids is hard work..! (like you didn't know that) I've been spending a lot of time next door with my brother's family (the kids are 8, 6 and 2), and even though I'm not even the one in charge, I try to help out as much as I can, and it's exhausting. The driving, organizing, supervising, cooking, cleaning, even just the mental work of trying to keep everyone organized; poor Gina had a hard day today.

Now that I've got all my stuff I'm going to tackle both job-hunting and income tax filing. I should be getting some money back this year - that would be nice right now for this poor ex-student.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home