dimanche, mai 22, 2005
  fly this girl as high as you can into the wild blue
To keep my spirits up, to combat boredom, and because I've got more resources and time on my hands, I'm exercising a lot more these days. I'm getting back into the Pilates and my "powerhouse" is getting firmed up. I'm still doing my yoga. But I've added biking to the routine. Today Keri, Kyle, Caia and I went for a nice 45-minute ride on the bike paths in the neighbourhood, through Confederation Park and past the cemetery.

The ride starts out tough from the house, because passing by the golf course there are some hilly sections, but after that it's flat and easier to handle. Keri was hauling Caia behind in in the burley, so he was a champ to pedal up those hills. Kyle did a good job, too. I was telling him that Keri and I had an advantage because we can shift gears. He wanted to know when he could get a gear-shifting bike. He's eight, though, and just got a pretty nice non-gear-shifting bicycle for his birthday this year.

In other news, poor litle Ella took a fall and managed to bite her lip open tonight. Since she's only two, she doesn't quite understand the sensation of her swollen lip, and kept asking Gina to "get it off". Gina had to show her that there was nothing to take off. Poor child.

Yesterday we all went for a hike at Glenmore Park. We brought sandwiches and had a picnic. In the car on the way back from the grocery store before our outing, Caia told me that she'd seen on Sponge Bob that you could either make the sandwiches before going, or bring the fixings and make them at the picnic. I didn't know Sponge Bob covered such valuable topics.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home