mardi, mai 10, 2005
  former math whiz
I figure while I've got free time on my hands and am homeless, there's incentive to weed through the pile of crap I left stored in my brother's basement since I left last September. It's funny the stuff you save. I have the first book report I ever wrote in Grade Four on The Phantom Tollbooth (I got 23 out of 25). I have a religion paper I wrote in 1996 for Intro to Religion (I got an 85). I have a math medal for being the highest scorer at my high school on the Cayley Contest in Grade 10. My high school diploma. Swimming badges. Figure skating badges. Fifth grade artwork. Letters that my friend Karrie wrote to me when I was in first year at Bishop's (box 1324). The notes that instructed me how to find Jackie Frost's house on Reid Street when I was a rookie on the basketball team and had to get up and make her breakfast as part of initiation (I actually threw these out today; not sure what value they have). CDs and tapes. Basketball pics. The invitation to my dad and step-mother's wedding in 1990. A bazillion movie tickets; I saw Love Actually on December 21, 2003 (also tossed today).

The goal is to minimize; easier to transport. But it's hard when you look at this stuff to decide whether to keep it. Will I want to have it some day to look back on?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home