vendredi, mai 06, 2005
  "home" sick
So I met Pammy and Tone-L for some beers and chat tonight. Pammy likes to hit the VLTs a bit at BU (that now refers to Bottoms Up Sports Pub since I'm not in L'ville anymore). I was reminded by the lovely pool table that it's been way too long since I played a decent game of pool, so I racked up the balls and played a solo game. A dude at the bar noticed me playing and challenged me. He asked what rules I play by, since he's from Montreal and there are subtle rule differences from coast to coast. I told him I grew up on the East coast, too, so I'd had to adjust to the "Western" rules when I came out here. I'm not sure what all the differences are, but one is that when you make the shot you've called, in the East you can sink someone else's ball and still keep your turn. Out here if you sink something after the shot you called you lose the turn. Subtle.

He told me he was from Laval and spent lots of time skiing in the Eastern Townships area, asked me if I knew North Hatley. He was surprised to hear I'd been there just yesterday.

I miss it. And my people out there.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home