dimanche, mai 01, 2005
  nobody's coming to get ME
The past few days Lennoxville has been filled with minivans, trucks, and parents. The kids are clearing out. As I walked home from Devin's place last night (we watched Love, Actually), I thought about how quiet it seemed without the usual scene of partying university students. But then I got to my place and noticed that my remaining neighbours were still going at it. There's a balcony on the second or third floor that overlooks the train tracks and dumpster (yeah, they pay extra for that view), and these kids have a tendency to make a game of throwing stuff off their balcony into or on the dumpster. I've heard mysterious clanging at all hours of the night and only recently figured out what the source of the noise was.

In the last few days the dumpster has become the site for abandoned furniture and various odds and ends, so there's a small pile of stuff out there. As I prepared to go to bed I heard people yelling about heading to the bar and then it was quiet for a while. But a short time later I heard an odd crackling noise from outside (thin walls - everything comes through), so I glance outside to see that there are firetrucks, firemen, police, and big flaming pile of furniture which is now being attended to. The kids apparently set the couches on fire before taking off to the bar. Classy, don't ya think. The firemen doused the pile pretty good. This morning I went out to toss some trash and got a close-up look at the mess. In addition to lighting stuff on fire, it looks like people also tossed a microwave and ironing board off their balcony - there's just a whole assortment of burned-up pieces now. Yeesh.

Anyway, today Devin and I are heading off to Montreal for a mini roadtrip. It's quite the treat to have a vehicle at our disposal after being car-less students all year (another reason I hardly left my shack; nowhere to go, no way to get there). Yesterday we drove into Sherbrooke for a nice breakfast at Chez Cora. Freedom, baby. I can't wait to have my car back...!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home