mardi, mai 03, 2005
  packing tales
My shack is getting cleaned out. There are packing boxes scattered about with varying amounts of my possessions - dishes, videos, books, clothes. My television is already gone, and the woman who bought the bulk of my bigger stuff is coming tomorrow to take my bed, dresser, etc. As per my pattern established in September, this computer will be disconnected and packed among the LAST items. Actually, Devin is here doing an overhaul of this machine (installing a bigger hard drive - I seem to have filled up my current one these past few months). Salsa is a little confused about the commotion; I vacuumed and rolled up my carpet, so the floors are very bare.

CP kindly cooked up a feast for Scott and me tonight. And tomorrow we've organized a last poker game for me to enjoy before I fly away (I better win, damnit!). The whole thing is a little overwhelming and bittersweet... it will be hard to leave the friends I've made here, and hard to face what awaits me in Calgary (i.e. job hunting; although I will now be a university graduate, I still don't have a clue what I want to do), but it will be nice to return to a familiar city with some missed luxuries like radio stations, stores, and my STUFF.

That's the update from L'ville. Stay tuned.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home