samedi, mai 07, 2005
  what's cooler than being cool
I spent the day at the University of Calgary writing some standardized tests for some positions I applied for with the federal government. This morning was the "written communication proficiency test", which consisted of summarizing an article. It was fairly long and time seemed to run out quickly, so I don't know how I did on that. This afternoon was the "Graduate Recruitment Test" and the "Situational Judgement Test" (I don't know why they spell judgement with an E - didn't we get rid of that...?). I felt pretty dumb after both those tests, too. The first one had math and formulas and searching for patterns (i.e. Shape A is to Shape B as Shape C is to ??; and "give the next number in the sequence..."). I breezed through the first half of that test but the questions seemed to get really hard really fast. It's been a long time since I've had to do much math. Also, I could probably figure out a math answer more easily than figuring out a formula, which was what they asked for in each question (i.e. "Joe is making 660 after two raises of 25% and 10% each. What's the formula for what he started from?"). Weird. The situational judgment questions were fairly ambiguous and subjective, I thought. So I have no idea how I did on that.

Since memories of Bishop's are so fresh in my mind I couldn't help but compare the U of C SUB to the one I just left. A&W. DQ. Numerous coffee shops. A hair salon! I had Vietnamese food for lunch. Then a German chocolate mint coffee (they don't have THAT flavour at BU).

The next step in my return to grown-up life is getting today's paper and digging in for some serious job-hunting. Or maybe I'll see if I still remember how to play the piano first...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home