mercredi, juin 15, 2005
  be my island in crowds of faces, my oasis
Fred's excited. I dropped him off at the garage to have a new right tie rod installed (attached?) [I'm such a girl]. And he's having an alignment done. Now the front wheels will actually steer the car efficiently...! Dee-lightful.

That should set me back close to $300. Eep. After that it's rear brakes. Apparently they're in pretty rough shape, too. No new wardrobe for me - it's all going into car maintenance. But really, I haven't spent a lot of money on my car over the 5 or 6 years that I've had it, so I'm about due, and don't mind terribly. I just don't want to get ripped off, so I gotta kinda take advice from various friends and family members (usually the males, naturally) about what stuff should cost me and what's urgent to get done.

In job news, I've been called back for a second interview for the position I interviewed for on Monday. Legal "clerk" (or something like that) in the law department at a financial company. I'm having second thoughts about whether I want the position. Since I've had my heart set on getting a government job of some kind, I kinda want to give that a bit more time to pan out before I commit to a permanent position in legal. But I don't know if that's silly - it would be job security, guaranteed income, benefits, etc. At the same time, I've got a decent temping situation going at the law firm here. They like me, I'm fairly satisfied with the job and pay, and there's no commitment. I can keep job-hunting and working and make sure I explore all of my options.

I don't know what to do. Maybe they'll make me some fabulous offer (signing bonus!) (okay, not) and I'll be sucked in by the money factor. Maybe the law firm will meet the offer (and a signing bonus!) (okay, not) and I'll settle in to this place until I figure out what's next for me. GRR. Advice, anyone?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home