mercredi, juin 01, 2005
  bring her flowers for her hair
I went for a run last night. It was a momentous feat, because I haven't gone running in many many moons (i.e. over five years). I have done a bit of running in some basketball games when frou and I joined a league for a couple seasons recently, but my knees are bad, so mostly I've stuck to non-impact cardio. Recently I went out and bought myself a fancy new knee-support device, though, and figure I'll give running a shot again.

My brother Keri is a bit of a motivator - he's out there running 10-km races, coming in third place, etc. He also mentioned the positive vibe that exists at these events - everybody there is fit and happy, and it's a good feeling (oh, and they feed you!). I need more positive environments in my life, so if takes some running to find them, I'll try it out. Of course there's the added benefit of physical fitness, too.

Last night's run was a very brief 10-minute spin around the park in front of the house. After warming up with some power yoga, I put on my iPod, cranked up Dave Matthews, and took it very slowly. It wasn't too terrible, and I felt okay afterwards. I did some stretching and my quads are bit sore today, but my knees are fine.

The only weird thing this morning was that I got the aura-without-migraine that I periodically experience. I've heard about people that get this distortion in their visual field before a migraine hits, but I get the squiggled visual field distortion without the ensuing headache. It probably helps that I ward it off with drugs before it hits, but it's still odd, since I've never had a migraine.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home