mardi, juin 28, 2005
  he said bring on the brand new renaissance
I accepted a job at the law firm where I'm working today. They offered to meet the compensation I was offered for the position I turned down last week. So starting July 1, I'm on payroll as a legal secretary once again. In keeping with my practice of working overtime on my first day (or, day of acceptance in this case), I worked a long ten-hour day today. Stacey and Boss are filing a prospectus (for an IPO) tomorrow and have another private placement closing on Thursday. There's a lot of documents to finalize. And if I'm going to be a permanent employee, I may as well dive in. At least Stacey is fun to work with.

When I started working and getting regular paycheques, I mostly used my money for paying down my Visa and other bills. But I also invested in a few running accessories. I got new running shoes, two knee braces (I feel like a dork, but my knees are bad from those years of playing basketball --> these help), shorts, and even new socks. Top all that off with my fancy shirts from Mountain Equipment Co-op (grad presents from Keri and Gina), and I'm all decked out in new gear.

This week I created a new route for myself to run. On Sunday after I tried it out (took me about twenty minutes), I got in Fred and drove it to measure the distance covered. It was 3.5 kilometres. I'm pleased with that distance and pace for now, so today after my marathon workday I went out and ran it again. I'm on some kind of fitness kick 'cause yesterday I also did some pilates. My abs are feeling it today, but it's good.

With my new job security comes the potential for getting out of the basement (i.e. free rent) and getting my own place. So I'm aiming for August 1. The more I think about it the more excited I am to unpack my life... My Calgary stuff has been stored in Keri's basement since last September, and my L'ville stuff (what I don't use or didn't get rid of) is stored in my mom's basement. It will be so sweet to get my DOUBLE BED back from froo's place and start using all my own stuff every day. It really is the little things, people...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home