samedi, juin 11, 2005
  if you can't get a girl but your best friend can
it's time to move your body
Today is my graduation. I missed them calling my name. But I've decided that today should mark some kind of turning point in my life, too. I have an interview on Monday, a pending job offer where I'm currently temping, and maybe, just maybe, I'll hear from Paul Martin soon about a cool government position.

What I want to talk about today, though, is my wish list for graduation presents. Various people have asked what I might like for a graduation present. And I've put some thought into it and have come up with a short list. Here we go:

1. My first request is for my sister. I was wondering, frou, if maybe you could fly down with me to Montreal, rent a car and drive with me to Lennoxville and help me get settled. Maybe while we're there you could take me to Wal-mart (just this once!) and buy a few necessary items for me. Maybe you could even buy a mattress for me to sleep on while I'm in school.

2. Next item is for my dad and step-mother. Dad, Barb, I would like to come visit you for Thanksgiving. Dad, maybe you could drive for two hours to Fredericton to pick me up (since that's as far as my ride takes me), and Barb, when we get to Moncton, maybe you could have little plates of snack food ready, candles lit on the backyard patio, and a bottle of wine ready to enjoy. I would also like a home-cooked turkey dinner and access to your car for my personal use.

3. I think I would like to receive care packages while I'm at school. Mom, maybe one every month. Janet, you should send me one too. frou, same with you. I'll need things like chocolate chip cookies, toilet paper, boots, cash, Kraft dinner, tomato soup, and gloves. Please organize that.

4. As a student I likely won't have a lot of money to spend on extras. Mom, if you could help pay for my plane ticket home at Christmas, that would sure be nice. Pammy P. and Tone-L, if you guys could give me some cash for incidentals that would be very helpful. Dalt, maybe you could write me a couple cheques.

5. This might be asking a lot, but hell, I'm a student and I'd like to do something different: I'd like to go to Europe. Pammy, since you're the well-connected travel agent, maybe you could take me somewhere. How about Prague? Yeah, a week with a girlfriend in that spectacular city would sure be a nice break from my studies.

6. Scott, would you tutor me and be my friend? Will you teach me to play poker and have me over for dinner? Will you share your wine with me and listen to my whining when I'm stressed? Will you introduce me to some cool people?

7. Tone-L, will you read my blog and when it sounds like I'm really freaking out, call me and reassure me that I'm going to make it and tell me that you know what I'm going through?

8. Everybody, even though I'll be gone for a while, will you keep me in your thoughts and prayers?

The point is, people, that I already appreciate everything that you have all done to support me while I was away doing something that I chose to do. I don't know that there's anything else to ask for. Every day that I get to spend with my family and friends, and being part of a great community of generous people is sufficient reward for me. That, and maybe I can get a satisfying and challenging job sometime soon.


Thank YOU.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home