mercredi, juin 22, 2005
  it would be great to be so strong
I filed my first press release today. At least, I think it was my first press release - I can't remember having done one before. Involved is that is editing the document, PDFing it, emailing it to CCN Matthews, who releases it on the wire (that's some fancy lingo for ya - I have no idea what it means except that they *get it out there*), and emailing it to our trust agent who files it on SEDAR for us. I don't see my release on SEDAR yet (they have a fairly archaic and un-intuitive filing system and things don't appear right away, I think), but I found it in the business news over at Yahoo. Read the exciting details here. Yes, those are the types of transactions we work on. Rivetting, huh?

Ah, a day in the life of a securities assistant. Too stressful today, man. I work for Stacey, who is nice and young and smart. But since she's still a fairly junior lawyer, she works a lot with an older dude (I'll call him "Boss") who is not nice or young or smart. I mean, he knows the law, but he doesn't know much about how to treat people. I'm not going to go into detail - gotta avoid getting dooced - but that's the general state of affairs.

Lately Boss's assistant has been out sick a bunch (hmm). That means he comes to me to help him out with his administrative needs. And they are many. It's terribly inefficient and unpleasant to try and keep him organized and up-to-date. This week, though, Stacey and Boss have numerous important deals with key events happening. A major closing, a fairly major prospectus filing, a second major prospectus filing. Today was way, WAY too hectic for me.

I remember this life. It is exactly as I left it last August.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home