samedi, juin 11, 2005
  well he must've been a looker, a smooth talkin' son of a gun
I have great boyfriends. Yeah, that's right, I don't have just one, but many, and they're solid people.

Last night I had planned to meet up with Mark, my old buddy from Heenan. We pulled up some stools at the bar of the James Joyce pub on 8th Avenue and got caught up on each other's lives. With an empty tummy, it didn't take too many glasses of wine for me to be feeling the buzz. We had some good laughs and then split a cab to the Northwest. Our chatty cabbie ("DO YOU JOG??" was the kind of thing he kept interrupting our converstion with) made a comment about Mark taking his girlfriend out for a nice dinner. I was quick to mention that no, that had not happened, because he was going home to his wife. Heh.

When I arrived "home", frou and dArt were visiting with Mom & Dalt. I'd missed dinner, but snagged some leftovers and settled in for more chatting. dArt has never been a boring guy (remember this story) and is still living a fascinating life as a commercial diver down off the coast of Mexico. It was great to see him, hug him and hear about some of his adventures. he and frou are off to do some camping in Kelowna for the weekend, but he'll visit with the family again next week.

Re-connecting with old friends is a refreshing thing, especially for me right now when I'm sort of floundering around confused about who I am and what I want to do with my life. Talking so easily with the people who know me reminds me of certain aspects of myself that I sometimes forget. It also reminds me that I'm lucky to have such great people in my life.

(/sap)
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home