vendredi, juillet 29, 2005
  Stacey can't you see you're just not the girl for me
Yesterday I saw that Stacey (my boss) had her degree in her office and found it amusing to note that not only do we have the same first name, but we share the same middle name as well. Funny.

Another thing I've observed is that I find myself calling her "Stace". The reason that's a bit odd, in my view, is that I'm sort of particular about the people that I am okay with having abbreviate my name. "Stace" seems to indicate a degree a familiarity that not everybody should just presume. The same way that calling my sister "Dan" isn't something everybody can probably get away with - people sometimes assume she's a boy when you refer to her that way. She's not a boy; she's a girl named Dani...!

We're all about abbreviating names in my family. I used to think it was funny that my mom called my aunt Eva "Eve", or my brother Keri "Ker", but it's a habit that I've picked up. Jamie is "Jame". Dalton is "Dalt". Kris is, well, "Kris".

At work when Stacey is talking to clients and mentions that "Stacey is working on that right now", some of them think she's starting to lose it and talking about herself in the third person. She has to clarify that her assistant is also named Stacey. And when Boss is running around barking orders, we both just assume he's talking to us. Keeps us on our toes. Or something.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home