samedi, juillet 09, 2005
  Stampede Report: Day One
I couldn't quite get up the energy to get out to the party this afternoon / tonight. After yesterday's jogging followed by a pilates workout, my body has been letting me know that more rest and recovery time is required. I did do what I'd planned this morning and hit the mall (I hate shopping, but sometimes it's gotta be done). I bought jeans, a belt, sandals, and some, ahem "intimate apparel" (that's what they call it at the Bay!).

Most of the stuff I bought was on sale. It's nice to catch la Senza on a sale day, too; bras are expensive. The most costly item, however, was the Parasuco jeans for $110. Good thing I got myself my fancy high-paying job to cover these bills...(!) I'm all too aware that I've already been somewhat sucked into the mindset where more purchasing power and increased consumerism become sufficient reward for the stress of working. It's easy to get sucked into this pattern, though. Living in a city, especially, you're suddenly surrounded by so much stuff you didn't know you needed.

Anyway, I went so far as putting on my "costume" today. Jean skirt, tank top, cowboy hat, new sandals. But I was dragging my ass a bit, so called froo and said I would need to stay home and nap instead. That's what I did: a nice two-hour nap. Then a trip to Dairy Queen for a burger and fries (too hot / lazy to cook). I joined Gina in front of the big screen (she's recovering {i.e. suffering} from a wisdom tooth extraction this morning) and we watched the Bourne Supremacy.

froo checked in a while ago and said the Whiskey was fun and they had progressed to the Ship & Anchor, but she was ready to call it a night. I'm okay with having missed the revelry - there are nine more days to par-tay.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home