vendredi, juillet 22, 2005
  then they send me away, teach me how to be sensible
I was telling Pammy P. and Tone-L last night that moving will be fairly easy for me next weekend since I've never really unpacked; it's just a matter of re-locating my boxes, really. I just gotta find myself a truck and some willing lifters for the bigger stuff stored at froo's and Keri's.

I read an interesting article in Maclean's magazine earlier today.
Dave Bronconnier, the apple-cheeked mayor of Canada's biggest boom town, poured from a jug of mojitos and talked about Calgary's amazing prosperity.

"After the Stampede we're going to come out with migration numbers that show our planning department was only off by 100 per cent. We predicted 12,000 more people would move to Calgary than left over the past year. It's closer to 24,000."

Calgary had the highest population growth of any major Canadian city in 2004. (Fort McMurray, the gateway to northern Alberta's fabulously lucrative oil sands, grew faster, but it's not a major city. Yet.) Forty-five new cars go onto Calgary's roads every day...
Wow. I'm telling you, you feel it in the air here, the optimism, the smell of money. People got a lot of it here. Not me personally. Now that I'm a grown-up, I gotta start using my cash to pay my own rent...!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home