mardi, juillet 19, 2005
  they say home is where the heart is
Wow. This weekend was a bad one for some people. Serious health problems. My step-father has a blood clot in his leg - pretty critical issue there. Devin's mom has her own struggles.

And I thought I had it bad when the c-trains all broke and I had to walk for an hour to get home. Actually it was sorta my choice to walk - it was a nice day and I didn't feel like waiting with the other hundreds of stranded c-train riders to cram into the next bus. An hour is a solid walk, though. I was wearing reasonable sandals, but I had some blisters when I got home.

On my walk home I passed by a community centre with an outdoor pool. It had the perfect amount of people swimming so it wasn't too crowded. I could smell the chlorine wafting through the air, and I gazed over the surface of the perfectly turquoise water and remembered what it was like to be one of those kids enjoying a hot summer afternoon at the pool. My brothers and sister and I used to swim at the Kiwanis pool in Moncton. I remember that it was a bit of a hike through some fairly busy streets for us kids (who was in charge?). We spent many afternoons splashing and playing at that pool beside the Dud James Arena. I wish I could have an afternoon like that again, lounging poolside while the grown-ups work.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home