mardi, juillet 12, 2005
  this is heaven to no one else but me
Okay, so it's Day 4 of the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth. What have I done to celebrate so far? Well, Sunday was "Family Day" on the grounds, so I joined Keri, Gina, Kyle, Caia and Ella and we took in some of the sights. While Gina took the older kids to see the superdogs, Keri and I found a spot on the grass in front of the Coca-Cola stage for the Barney show. Really! The truth is that I only lasted one song and then I decided to take a stroll around. There are a ton of rides and games to waste your money on, but I opted instead for food. A tiny hotdog for $3.50 (better than the $5.00 one), and then some mini-donuts. Mini-donuts are all the rage at Stampede time, and I'd actually never tried them before. They were good - and loaded with sugar. Two little bags for $5.00 is a good deal, though.

They have the kids rides in a special section of the fair grounds - sort of a miniature version of everything. The kids went on the rollercoaster, the merry-go-round, the ferris wheel (I did that one too), the swings, and some spinny monkey-head ride.

Now that we've got Monday over and done with some of the real grown-up parties are starting. I'm trying to get myself invited to the CBA party this afternoon at the Whiskey (Calgary Bar Association - big lawyer drunkfest, apparently), but if that fails, the building where Dalt and Keri work is having a little shindig that I'll drop in on. Tomorrow is our firm function. We shut down before noon and head down to the grounds for lunch and rodeo (and beers).

I jogged on Sunday, but my running schedule might be shelved for a week while I'm partaking in various festivities. Mark said I should fall off the wagon. I'm easily persuaded...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home