mercredi, juillet 27, 2005
  you're the fastest runner but you're not allowed to win
I ran last night. I did the 3.5 km loop in 22 minutes again. I had run that loop with Keri on Saturday - after almost two weeks of not running - and it was pretty tough. Keri, on the other hand, used it as a warm-up and went on to run another 45 minutes (champ!). Yesterday was a LOT easier. I'm still waiting to feel like I'm making more progress, though. I find I almost never wake up in the morning actually feeling rested. But I wonder if that's more to do with having a job that I don't necessarily want to leap out of bed for.

I had lunch (well, coffee and snacks) with my friend smalls yesterday. She and I have been able to empathize with each other about the transition to real life after going back to school this past year. It has been challenging for both of us, and we were jokingly discussing how to get ourselves back to being students.

Now, obviously school isn't easy. It's a whole other kind of stress that you kinda forget about after having worked for a few years. But it kinda brings you back to life in a way that you didn't know you needed. Knowing that you're accountable only to yourself is a feeling that probably can't quite be described. Not to mention that you don't fully appreciate that perspective when you're young and haven't really been accountable to anyone other than your parents (I certainly did not have that perspective the first time around as a university student)...

But for now I'll just keep on running, trying to fight off that feeling of resignation, trying to focus on the good stuff, and making my plan to move forward. What's next, besides more blisters on my feet...?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home