mercredi, août 17, 2005
  How long do I have to climb up on the side of this mountain of mine
I have come to the conclusion that real life living does not lend itself to quality blogging. The mundane routine of day-to-day 9-to-5 working-in-an-office is just not that that inspirational, I guess. My after-hours poker-playing, yoga-doing, socializing, dating life would not be terribly exciting to read about either.

I need an intervention. Something that will jolt me off the course I'm on and force me to do something I'm passionate about. I was discussing with froo today how somebody recently told me that he had made the choice in life to refrain from partaking in alcohol because "life is less of a rollercoaster" that way. I understand that. But we joked about liking the rollercoaster, due to this very boring predictability we find ourselves living sometimes. Not that alcohol is the answer, but I miss feeling invigorated about life. Persuade and I have discussed it, too - how going back to school after a few years away was fantastic but cruel, because it gave us a taste of another life that we really enjoyed and an identity that we're not ready to give up.

Today at work we finalized our subscription agreements for the next private placement. It's also called a "bought deal", because the agents/underwriters are committing to buying a specific amount of securities regardless of what they can sell up-front. Stacey and I drafted sub agreements for Canada, the U.S. and the U.K., then were told that our only European subscriber would just use the Canadian document. So two documents. Edited, PDF'd, sent out for comment and distribution.

See how not-interesting that is? But that's how I spend my days - urgently revising documents to meet deadlines. Oh wait, I also drafted a "Material Change Report" and started work on an "Amended and Restated Arrangement Agreement" (one of our client mergers has some terms that need to be re-addressed, after we published the circular that was mailed to shareholders).

Really, I need to experience something different. Travel, a serious career change, a real-life challenge. Because I'm surviving just fine, but the meaning is lacking. I don't want to whittle away my days like this.

[is this depressing or what]
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home