samedi, août 06, 2005
  lately I've been talking in my sleep
I had an amazing, amazing day whitewater rafting on the Kicking Horse River. This is kinda what it was like:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They deck you out in wetsuits, splash jackets, wet booties, helmets and lifejackets, so we all looked just the folks in that pic. Wow, what a perfect day. Even with a water temperature of around three degrees, the sun was blazing-hot, so getting wet - and even swimming a bit - was totally tolerable.

Since we had to drive to Golden, B.C. this morning for our outing, Tone-L and Pammy P picked me up at 6:15 (eek) for the over two-hour drive through the mountains. Since I had a bit of a late night with my friend Karina, I was still desperately needing sleep at that time. I remember seeing Calaway Park on the highway outside of Calgary, closing my eyes, and waking up in Golden, in what felt like mere moments later. Nice, quick trip...!

The day consisted of a fairly easy raft trip in the morning, a steak lunch on the riverbank, the upper canyon section of the river, a short portage (by bus) past the class 5 and 6 sections, then an intense "lower canyon" ride. Excellent fun, and a positively breathtakingly beautiful mountain day. It really gave me an injection of aliveness that means so much, and made me wonder why I don't do more of those invigorating activities.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home