lundi, août 29, 2005
  sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Today was froo's moving day. I planned ahead and had two naps (one Friday, one yesterday) in addition to doing some conditioning (I went jogging yesterday morning) and getting lots of rest (i.e. my weekend has been pretty lame).

I got up early this morning to drive out to the U-haul in the northeast with Jame and Keri to get ourselves a truck. We loaded it up at froo's, drove over and picked up Gina, then headed to the new condo for some serious stair-climbing. Other than the heavy awkward items, the four flights of stairs weren't as bad as we were anticipating. Mom & Dalt and the kids met us with sandwich fixings afterwards, so we got some much needed nourishment - and we even had a champagne toast to froo's new place. Welcome to condohood!

I'm trying to alter my diet a bit. No, I'm not on a diet. I just want to modify some of my protein sources. Instead of animal protein, I'm going to do some research and experimentation with some vegetable protein. Twice this weekend I was informed that vegetable protein is an "incomplete" protein - something about combining it with rice to make it complete...? So tonight when I picked up my fresh fruit for the week, I also threw in some red lentils and some baby lima beans. And brown rice, which is apparently a lot better for you than the bleached white stuff. Now I just gotta figure out how to prepare this stuff in appetizing meals.

One animal protein I probably won't be trying to avoid as much as beef and chicken is fish. I think we still get enough good stuff from fishies to keep on eating it. I picked up some salmon tonight. My not-so-secret ingredient these days in a lot of my rice and vegetable dishes (or, even eggs or potatoes) is savory. I'm loving the taste of this herb - not the powdered form, but the chopped, bigger pieces. Dee-lish. Tonight I'm cooking brown rice, red peppers, snow peas, mushrooms and fish.

I acquired a futon today. Since I'm the likely host for Kris when he arrives on Wednesday, I figured I would take it off froo's hands. She was planning to sell it soon anyway. To Devin. So now when people arrive they've got a place sleep. Stacey's bed & breakfast is open for business! (you might have to make your own breakfast, though - this girl's gotta get ready for work!)
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home