dimanche, août 21, 2005
  was it loneliness that brought you here
Man. What a sad mess I am. It's one of the hottest days of summer and I'm sneezing and sniffling and coughing with a cold. froo, Jame and I spent four hours simmering in the sun rafting down the Bow River this afternoon. Now my apartment is so stifling that I'm forced to strip down, yet with this sore throat, all I want to do is eat some hot soup. Yesterday I had tomato soup for breakfast. Then twice later on. Sheesh.

My Sunday evenings are typically used to get ready for the week - I've almost got a routine. Get groceries, do dishes, cook food to re-heat for lunches, prepare fruit for morning shakes. The fruit-shake thing is something I started when I was living in Mom's basement - she had bought Dalt a nice blender and we experimented with different recipes. When I moved here, she bought me a blender so I could continue our healthy habit. I use orange juice, lemon juice, fresh strawberries, fresh raspberries, fresh blueberries, bananas and yogurt. This week I picked up some fresh peaches, too, so I'm going to try slicing those up and see how that works. I've never been great at incorporating fruit into my diet, so I feel tremendously healthy these days [other than this avian flu problem, obvious]. Yay, me.

It's nice to have another taste of summer in Calgary; they tend to come to an end so early. Rafting was quite relaxing today; the water level is getting lower, so it's easy to spot most of the big rocks way ahead of time, so we didn't have to paddle all that much. And I only had to get out and drag us through a shallow section once (ouch. hurts the feet.). The water was typically chilly, but I swam for a few minutes to cool off near the end. I always miss a couple spots on my body when applying sunscreen, so I've got a few red patches on my back tonight. Add heatstroke to the bird flu and what do ya got?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home