mercredi, août 10, 2005
  you see I’ve conquered hills but I still have mountains to climb
chief says: i talked to Dad last night.
froo says: what's the report from dad?
chief says: he asked about Dalton
chief says: i told him that God fixed him.
froo says: :P
froo says: did he like that? he knows god too, you know
chief says: he probably agreed that God did it.
chief says: i wasn't super-sarcastic. I said there'd been a lot of praying.
froo says: yeah

Here is my mini religion rant: I know it bothers my parents (both sets) that I'm not all into God and the church like they are. I happen to disagree with a lot of what organized religion stands for. But I do believe in a higher power - a power that I might be inclined to call "God" if it didn't quite have the meaning that these organized religions have given it. I also believe in the power of prayer, but I don't think that Christianity or any religion has the monopoly on that either.

When Dalt was in the hospital the first time because he was hemorraging from the blood thinners (he's back in now for monitored drug treatment) he had a lot of visitors from the ultra-serious church folks who are his friends. They're serious about God and serious about THE CHURCH. Mom told me this story about one man, a former pastor, who got down on his knees to pray at Dalt's bedside, and prayed loudly and clearly for not just Dalt, but for each man in the room. It kinda gave me chills. I think it's neat. But that doesn't mean I'm going to start going to church.

Dalt's blood clot has apparently disappeared. That's why I say "God fixed him". They all prayed and something good happened. Did "God" do it? Who knows? For all we know, there was a favourable planetary alignment, and the psychic energy they released combined with the positive currents of planetary activity. But we are all pleased with this good outcome, regardless.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home