jeudi, septembre 01, 2005
  destiny is calling me; open up my eager eyes
This week has been all about stress. Pascalle is away from the office (she's Boss' assistant). And since Stacey does most of the work on Boss' files, she basically has two assistants helping her (since Boss is away most of the time these days). With Pascalle away, well, there's just me doing the bulk of the admin work (and a lot of document drafting, too) for all these deals. Tuesday we had that closing and two shareholder meetings to prepare for. Did you know that shareholder meetings have a complete script written by legal counsel? In addition to preparing the documents for the amalgamation ("articles of amalgamation"), we write out what the president of the company will say, word for word, at his meeting.

So I haven't taken a lunch break in three days. I don't know who decided it would be a good idea to do a financing and file the AIF ("Annual Information Form") for the company basically the minute it has amalgamated, but that means were drafting a "short-form offering document" (the "SFOD") and the AIF at the same time as preparing for the shareholder meetings and that closing of the Client A private placement on Tuesday. I've got four hours of overtime just this week. It would be more if I'd been able to take lunch, but when you haven't left your desk all day, it's pretty much impossible to keep staring at your computer screen much past 5.

Then after being all go-go-go for eight or nine hours, it's kinda hard to get the adrenaline to stop flowing, so I haven't been sleeping terribly well. Add in some general stress about car repairs, house-cleaning and preparing for guests, party preparations (WHEN am I supposed to bake cheesecake...?!), and you don't have the happiest Stacey.

Last night I got my shit together, though. I went home and did some cleaning and laundry, ate a snack, and forced myself to go running. Pushing yourself to run is extremely difficult but definitely worth it later. After the meeting at Keri and Gina's to review party prep, I drove Kris and Tannis to my place, climbed into bed at a decent time and crashed pretty hard. So I feel better today, thanks.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home