mardi, septembre 13, 2005
  honey, I'm home and I had a hard day
It was another day of prolonged stress at the office. Trying to get ready for a closing by preparing the documents that should have been completed for the last closing (only we didn't have an official "closing" and no time, so we never got the stuff organized). I came home wired and stressed. And cold. It's friggin' freezing in Alberta right now. Even with arriving home at 8, I had some ambitious plans for the evening: laundry, groceries, maybe some exercise. I figured with all that adrenaline I could accomplish a fair amount and then get a decent night's sleep so I can do it all over tomorrow.

But I got home and started making dinner, logged into MSN to let Devin know the package he'd sent me had arrived (even with the lack of apartment number!), and started chatting with Scott. We proceeded to get into an argument, which is very odd for us because we were pretty good friends all last school year and never fought.

But I miss him. And I've been getting annoyed (i.e. angry) that he doesn't write me more emails. The Chief Executive Officer needs lots of attention, you know. So numerous factors combined to create some ugly tension between us and the next thing you know we're brawling. Okay, you can't really brawl via instant messenger. We worked it out pretty quickly - communication is our friend - and it's a good thing because otherwise I'd have to fly down to Quebec and give him the business in person.

So it's almost midnight and all I managed to get done is one load of laundry. That short window of time you have in an evening just isn't enough when you work three hours of overtime trying to assemble closing books and draft resolutions (and you have to get some poker playing in!). I'm beat. And it's only Monday.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home