jeudi, septembre 15, 2005
  poor people are gonna rise up and take what's theirs
In case you were wondering, the SFOD did not close today as scheduled. This is for our client who started out as a private company, merged with a publicly traded company, and proceeded to file an AIF and do a "short form offering" in the same week. There had been some debate about whether the former public company needed to file quarterly financials and it was decided that they did not need to. But what we didn't know (and apparently this catches a few people in similar situations) is that the former private company should have actually publicly filed their quarterly financials. Who woulda thought? So it turns out that the new amalgamated company is in default, and since a "certificate of no-default" is a standard item required on most closings, well, that presented a problem.

We also had an issue with the agents on the deal accepting subscribers both under the minimum and over the maximum limits that had been agreed to a long time ago. This was apparently an even bigger issue than the default status of the company, although I'm not sure why (hey, I'm no securities lawyer).

Since I have close to twenty hours of overtime already this month, I've pretty much decided that I can't do any more. It's just too hard on my body and mind. Lack of proper sleep, lack of proper nutrition, a gradual narrowing of perspective and inefficient brain functioning are not really my idea of the optimal state.

Tonight I finally got out for some groceries and a bit of shopping (it's payday, after all). Somebody said to me recently that "for a girl", I sure don't have many clothes. And that sad fact is all too true. My "office wardrobe" is desperately in need of assistance. Shoes and dress pants were my goals tonight, and I got some of each. I'm wearing the shoes around my apartment to decide if they're acceptable. And the pants need to be hemmed, but they're a solid choice. I hate shopping.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home