dimanche, septembre 25, 2005
  so wave and blow me one more kiss
Holy! What's with me and the not-blogging?! I'm becoming like so many of those people who seem to have forgotten that they're supposed to keep me up to date...

Well, it's been a different kind of week. Devin arrived on Thursday and I took two days off work (man, what a nice break). We haven't been keeping a hectic pace of sight-seeing or anything. He's becoming familiar with my area of the city, at least, and we're branching out gradually to other areas. Calgary IS a big city, but fairly easy to learn your way around. We've been over to the family compound, so he's met everybody but Dalt and Keri (they've been at work both days we stopped by).

Friday was a good day - I was calling it "good news day". First Devin got a call from Bishop's about his wallet, which somebody turned in - with money still in it (but how much?). We went down to 17th Avenue to get froo for lunch and the three of us strolled over to "Burger Inn" for a yummy lunch (it's one of those places that's always voted "best burgers in Calgary", etc.). Next is the part of the story where I get my FANTASTIC NEWS, but it's not quite ready for public consumption (tomorrow I'll explain). Let's just say I kept telling everybody I saw that I was celebrating and would spontaneously break into the dance of joy.

So Friday we headed to Bottoms Up for some celebratory drinks. This is the part where Devin becomes "deVaughan". Pammy's friend Roz couldn't seem to remember his name and kept guessing "deVaughan?" Eventually we all switched over to that, and I think he'll keep it, on this site at least. The night went long, and it was around 3:30 that deVaughan and I finally hopped in a cab outside Roz's place, after a few rounds of "rummy cup" (a variation on dominoes...?) and some loud-tune-playing-dancing-around-the-livingroom. Pammy and Roz unfortunately insisted on playing a whole lot of what deVaughan I considered to be BAD 80s music (a bunch of Talking Heads stuff that I was not familiar with). I begged for some Coldplay and finally got my wish. Fred spent the night at BU.

Yesterday I was in fairly rough shape and had zero ambition to get out. deVaughan, on the other hand, must have something very wrong with him and was out jogging when I stumbled out of bed at 8:30. To give him a chance to explore on his own, I sent him downtown on the c-train (and bus) to fetch Fred. Later, with me still in my pyjamas on the couch, I sent him off to froo's place to go to IKEA with her. After "good news Friday", yesterday was a zero-productivity day for me.

And what today? It's another beautiful sunny day, last day of my wonderful 4-day weekend. We'll see.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home