mardi, septembre 06, 2005
  there you were, wild and free
I was rockin' out with the Backstreet Boys tonight. They were playing at the Saddledome here in Calgary and I won tickets at work the other day, so I'd invited my 8-year-old nephew Kyle to come to the show.

We almost didn't get to see the show, actually. When the agent at the door scanned our tickets, she said that they had been refunded and were no good. And it kinda made sense to me, since in the email they circulated at work, they said that they didn't know who'd ordered the tickets and nobody had claimed them. Turns out that that person had cancelled the tickets and had them re-issued. I was a little panicked, thinking I was going to be disappointing my nephew. But the Ticketmaster people were sympathetic and told us to sit and wait while they tried to figure out how to get us in to the show.

After only a few minutes, though, we were approached by two different people who happened to have extra tickets and didn't know what to do with them. They couldn't use them and didn't want cash for them, so I accepted the offer from the girl who had two (the first offer was only one ticket, and I couldn't exactly send Kyle in alone). And it turned out that these tickets were probably better seats than our original ones. People can be very nice sometimes.

The show was quite entertaining. I'm not exactly a diehard fan of the Backstreet Boys, but I've heard enough of their songs on the radio to recognize most of the ones they played tonight. Due to the large volume of teenage girls at the show, the "Boys" themselves almost didn't even need to sing; that's the loudest crowd singing I've ever heard at a concert. It pretty much drowned out the Boys at times.

I was impressed with the stage presence of the two blond dudes (Nick, and someone...?) more than the other guys. They both looked like they were having a lot of fun performing, and they both made an effort to connect with the audience. It makes a huge difference when you have an artist who acknowledges random people in the crowd with waves, smiles, winks, whatever. It's charming.

Since Kyle has his first day of grade three tomorrow, we left before the show was over. The poor kid is up 'til almost eleven on a school night! I hope he's not too tired tomorrow.

How can it be you're asking me to feel
the things you never show...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home