mercredi, septembre 07, 2005
  was it tiredness that made you sleep
When I go out to jog I lock my apartment door, leave through the back door of my building and put my keys in Fred's back hatch. When I get back, I retrieve my keys and walk the ten feet to my back door and re-enter the building. I don't want to bring keys with me on my jog, and I don't want to leave my apartment unlocked, but what I'm doing seems a little silly, too.

Today I wrote a very big cheque. Nineteen hundred dollars. That was for my WaveForm shares. Luckily Dalt is buying half so he covered some of the cost. And luckily we're already making a profit. The shares closed at $3.15 today. Not bad. Now if only they stay up there until we're allowed to sell in early January.

At the firm we're still working like maniacs. I have all these post-closing filing forms to prepare for that private placement. Investors in five provinces and one territory means filing six forms with the various securities commissions (the 45-103F, in case you were wondering). And one investor in California (ahem, Dave) means filing some special California form (no other states have this requirement). Oh, and I have to do the TSX form. This is in addition to all the other stuff we have going on - we're filing the AIF and the SFOD for another client tomorrow, too. And preparing their escrow agreements and agency agreement. It's a lot to manage.

I definitely can't keep this up for long - the frantic pace of work. In this line of work there is just never an end to the deals and the chaos, so it's not like you can ever catch up, really. It's just GO-GO-GO all the time. And what's that worth, in the long run...? I don't get a promotion out of it. I might get a small raise. I don't get much appreciation - when it's your job it's just expected that you perform like a star, running your butt off all the time. They will work you as hard as you want to work. I sometimes joke about camping out under my desk for the night, but it's almost not a joke; there's just that much work to do.

So after work today I jogged. I haven't measured the distance of my new loop but it takes me 25 minutes, so I figure it's probably around the 3.5 km mark. I'm finally feeling like I've made some progress in my cardio fitness because although the jogs are still tough, they aren't terrible. The 3.5k loop used to be something I saved for the weekend because it kinda knocked me on my ass for a couple days. I guess we'll see how I feel tomorrow before I know whether this was such a great idea. These days, though, the running really is a great energy burn after the office chaos. I'll sleep like a champ tonight.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home