mardi, octobre 11, 2005
  I know you feel the same way
First day at the new shop today. It went reasonably well, except for the expected feeling-like-a-dumbass because I don't know anything about what I'm doing just yet. Luckily expectations are low at this point. I got a few instances of "hi, Dani" (froo's real-life name), so I had to clarify our clone-ness to people. Tomorrow there will be an announcement on "the wire" about me, the new hire, with froo mentioned in an attempt to minimize the confusion.

I was explaining to froo and deVaughan tonight that one thing about the new position that requires some adjustment is the level of autonomy I'll likely have. As a legal assistant in a law firm, your day consists of people handing you your assignments one after another, so although you might turn on your brain for brief periods of time, you pretty much have someone dictating your priorities to you. One lawyer I used to know theorized that legal assistants were often the type of people who wanted that kind of arrangement. Possibly. Honestly, for the first few days at this place I wouldn't mind have some specific tasks outlined for me, just so I get a feel for things. But not forever. Bob's got me trying to understand the department budget and coding invoices already. Not really my area of expertise thus far but I'll get there.

I came home un-stressed. I went jogging.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home