jeudi, octobre 20, 2005
  I love it when you call my name
Today's rule:

No washing of dishes in the morning.

It's Devin's turn to do dishes. And when I say "turn", I mean that I said to him, "you're allowed to wash dishes again". This morning I was rushing around getting ready for work, trying to leave a little earlier than I have been. My boss thinks I get to work at 8:00, I usually get in closer to 8:30 - shh, don't tell him...! But then I heard water running in the kitchen. Since Devin's been catching a ride with me downtown and then hopping the c-train from there, I was like, "dude, we're leaving in, like, ten minutes - don't be doing dishes now..."

There are actually a lot of rules at my house that poor Devin has to keep track of. Since I'm used to living alone and like things done MY way, I'm a bit of a tyrant with getting him to conform. He doesn't hate me yet, but I predict that the day will come.

Things are actually better than they were initially. I'm getting used to having someone around all the time. And now that he's gainfully employed, I don't have those moments of resentment that would hit me from time to time. Devin does go out of his way to be a good guest - he cleans, he cooks (awesome pasta sauce and fabulous apple pie), he spoils the cat.

And he doesn't complain about all the rules.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home