mercredi, octobre 05, 2005
  we may not always agree on the little things
Last night a bunch of us from my firm went to Ceili's for my going-away festivities. For a girl who's only been there five months, I was pleasantly surprised at the turnout. Boss came for a drink and is being very complimentary these days, offering to say nice things for me in the future if I wanted a reference. He's a real charmer when he wants to be. I should quit my job more often if it means people will gush about me. It was a fun evening.

As a result of the late night, though, today was a bit of a blur to me. I was suffering not so much from a hangover as just a lack of quality sleep. Luckily expectations aren't so high for job performance right now. I'm trying to get stuff cleaned up but there's just too many loose ends to reasonably tackle. So I'm not stressing about it.

Some people have said to me, "you must be getting excited" for the new job. But I wouldn't say that I'm really "excited" about it. It's more that I'm looking forward to a change of pace. And after hearing from Stacey and a friend of hers last night who have worked with my new boss in the past, "you're SO lucky; he's SUCH a nice guy", it kinda sounds like things will be fine at the new shop. We'll see.

What I am looking forward to is a nice 4-day Thanksgiving weekend. I will be enjoying turkey dinner with Keri and Gina and the kids on Sunday. Strangely, everybody else is leaving town this weekend. Mom, Dalt, froo and Jame are all headed to various destinations. I'm trying to plan some more tour-guiding activities for deVaughan and me (it's a surprise so I can't say what I'm planning), so it should be a fun weekend. I hope it doesn't snow!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home