jeudi, novembre 03, 2005
  I've made it this far without crying a single tear
At my new company we all get a parking allowance. And my boss made sure I got a parking spot when I got hired. So I've been driving to work for the past few weeks. But I've decided to switch back to transit. Today I took the train again. And I think I'll stick with it, due to the following factors:
  1. My route to work is right through the core of some of the worst rush hour congestion in downtown Calgary, so I end up sitting a lot.
  2. When you're sitting in traffic, you can't even read.
  3. In Fred, when you're sitting in traffic, you can't even listen to the stereo because the radio doesn't work.
  4. Instead you are forced to listen to the deep rumbling of an exhaust system with many holes.
  5. One of these holes means that nasty fumes come IN the car.
  6. On top of it all, it's kinda lonely. On the train at least you're surrounded by tons and tons of strangers.
  7. Oh, and I get to walk a few blocks on either end of the train ride. It means I get a bit of exercise, but also that I'll have to endure some bad weather occasionally.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home