jeudi, novembre 24, 2005
  just tell me what you need me to know
To break up the monotony of the week, and since deVaughan has a flexible schedule this week being between jobs, I dragged him out for some beverages after work yesterday. When you're slugging it out just trying to get through the week, burning off some frustration with a beer is a very good thing.

In my role as the Calgary tour guide, I've been trying to give him a taste of numerous different "scenes". Since my friends often frequent the less-trendy and not-so-fancy neighbourhood pubs (like Bottoms Up Sport Pub), I figured it was time to hit up a different kind of place. So we headed to Ceili's downtown. It's popular with the after-work business crowd. We had a cozy table for two in the corner and enjoyed our pints of Keith's.

The Flames were playing in town last night and after our sojourn into a "fancier" venue, I felt like visiting Bottoms Up to watch the game on the big screen, so we cabbed it over to 17th Avenue. Alas, BU is booming these days and I didn't like the table selection, so we didn't last long there. So much for the game. At this point food became the priority, so we crossed the street to try a new restaurant "Greco Pizza". Fresh pizza tastes fantastic when you're hungry and slightly buzzed.
Bacon... Pepperoni... Mushrooms...

This morning I was running late; my boss is out of town and I have a hard time getting to work on time at the best of times - I wasn't making much of an effort today. So I bumped into Dalt (he's my step-dad for those who don't know) on the c-train platform. When the train arrived, we didn't take seats - I figure since I sit all day, standing for the trip is a good idea. Dalt sometimes refers to something he calls the "secretarial spread", which could definitely be construed in some inappropriate sexual way, but he means it as the large ass a person (women only?) acquires from working at a job which requires much sitting. That's when I made one of my favourite jokes: "yeah, I have a real problem with my weight; I can't seem to lose these last five pounds".

I suppose if I continue with beer and pizza as a remedy to the boredom, I could maybe become a little "fleshy". My job better liven up...!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home