mercredi, novembre 23, 2005
  tell it like you still believe
My job got more exciting today, people. Bob gave me an assignment. I got to read our "Customer Terms and Conditions" to check for clarity. You know our business is the electricity distribution one, right? And this document is sixty-two pages...? Let me tell you about the excitement of reading five pages of electricity definitions. Oh wait, that might not be possible. There probably are not sufficient adjectives to properly quantify the level of delight I experienced.

Don't get me wrong; I'm all for good grammar. It's when it is the grammar of kilowatt hours and peak demand and de-energization that I have a hard time feeling a tremendous amount of enthusiasm. I know I said I wasn't going to set any expectations for the job - maybe my hopes are still too high.

This is an excellent time to indulge in escape fantasy number two. Here it is: The go-back-to-school-again plan. In this imaginary world where I am un-constrained by financial reality, I would take a year or two to take some undergraduate-level politics and history classes, then transfer into a Master's program. I can't decide whether I should head East to Ottawa or McGill, or West, to try something new. My summers would consist of doing research for MLAs or MPs, I would earn my degrees with top marks, and have fantastically interesting job offers pouring in.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. Phew.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home