lundi, novembre 28, 2005
  you don't have to put up a fight
you don't have to always be right
I figured it out. I should go to Carleton University in Ottawa. I've been reading their website and something about it seems right. I've heard from people who've lived in or visited both that Ottawa is a lot like Calgary. What I'd prefer about Ottawa, I think, is the culture and history and climate of the East. Who knows...?

In industry news, the ILRAS was activated on Friday, people. In the words of the oh-so-wise froo, "...because pool price has been so high lately, we've been importing a lot of power, and breakers were tripped... Power was out all over Alberta." Wow

So I asked, "where is the redundancy in this system...? Why is everyone losing power?" And she told me that transmission lines have less redundancy (as opposed to distribution lines, which serve the customer). Transmission lines bring the power to the substations, and these were shutting down. (Right, froo?)

See what I'm forced to learn about in order to preserve my sanity...? I guess it has some interesting parts, but believe it or not, it is not my passion.

I'll see if the people at Carleton want to teach me about politics instead, I think.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home