jeudi, décembre 15, 2005
  my generation will put it right
French Debate Report:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There's some kind of wardrobe coordination going on. What's the rule - "...the Prime Minister wears the red tie, everybody else must match..."?

Stephen Harper is trying his best to look approachable, or something. I feel so bad for him - that stiff smile and his delicate features make him look more timid and uncomfortable than anything. His French is getting better, but it needs some work. He uses up his allotted time fumbling for words. Poor guy.

I like Jack for the most part. I haven't been paying close enough attention ('cause of all the French-ness) but I've heard him talk about democratic reform and balanced budgets and expressing values that appeal to me. It's too bad that neither of the parties who realistically stand a chance at governing are concerned with reforming our democracy. Harper's idea to have an elected senate seems like the least important of the issues as far as I'm concerned.

You gotta give Paul the credit - he just seems prime ministerial. It's hard not to like him. Maybe it's the red tie.

Gilles Duceppe is pretty much in his element in this debate. He speaks eloquently, he doesn't get flustered, and he looks respectable. If I were Quebecois, I'd have a hard time not voting for him - it's too bad that separatism is the big part of his platform, because his other ideas are sound.

At the end of the day they all keep repeating the same thing. "Respond" to the question - don't answer it, right...? It's all about bringing the focus back to one's campaign promises and re-iterating the selling points for each, while also pointing out why the other guy (Paul) is doing it wrong. I liked that woman who asked them if they'd swear on the bible that they'd keep their promises. And the man afterwards who asked if they'd implement a recall option for those who didn't. Puts them on the spot all right.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home