dimanche, janvier 08, 2006
  the moon and the sun were floating side by side
I haven't had a lot to say lately because I get sick of my own whining, and being back at work this past week reminded me that I seriously need an escape plan.

Step one: apply to school

This week I've been keeping myself distracted with the previously mentioned interview at an employment agency, and taking advantage of my company's generous benefit plan with visits to the chiropractor and masseuse. I'm also shopping for new glasses. Hell, I deserve some pampering.

Step two: Stick it out at the job and commence the countdown to September

Devin and I have started trying out new restaurants (usually timed to coincide with payday). Thursday we went to a nice Latin American restaurant called the Blue House Cafe. I had lamp chops, which were very tasty. Then we went to see Brokeback Mountain, which was a very good movie (filmed here in Alberta!).

Step three: Stay distracted with exercise and entertainment

Other movies we've watched lately (catching up on movies with my new DVD player) are the 40-year-old Virgin and Wedding Crashers. I'm making a point of watching comedies to keep myself laughing. It works.

Step four: Get good at my job. It has potential.

I made an eight-hundred-and-fifty dollar payment on my student loan the other day. It feels good to chip away at that. I'm focussing on getting this piece paid off before I apply for the next loan. Eep.

Step five: Try not to be afraid of making a decision and doing something new.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home