mercredi, janvier 25, 2006
  nobody knows the secrets that we keep
Tonight I experienced a bit of déjà-vu with a visit with Stacey, my ex-boss. I picked her up at her office before heading off to Dakota's for some cocktails. For those who haven't been paying attention, Stacey was the young, cool lawyer I worked for at the law firm I left to come to my current job.

We were joined by Stacey's friend Christy, another young and fun lady and J, another lawyer from my old firm. When hearing from me how my new job was going, all three of my companions tonight said, well, then you've got lots of time to blog, then, right...? And to each I responded, well, no, because I'm so bummed out these days I don't really want to whine about it.

I'm sure Stacey doesn't really want to hear about how I regret leaving working with her to be miserable at the new shop. Sometimes I do think I should have stayed put. But we talked about it tonight a bit, that balance between ultimate stress and ultimate boredom - how do you choose...? Last summer I felt like I didn't really get a chance to enjoy my summer because of the demands of my job (that, and I was living in my mom's basement, too - not conducive to a lot of personal satisfaction, no offense, Mom). Since joining the new company, I feel like I have the most boring life in the world (except for the infrequent fun roadtrip with Devin). There seriously must be a middle ground for me.

If I can just get through January...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home