mardi, janvier 17, 2006
  some pages turned, some bridges burned
Last night Mark and I went for beers at the James Joyce Pub. It's on 8th Avenue downtown, but don't worry, not the end with the gun crime. I shouldn't joke about it, because some nice man who worked at a mortgage company was murdered yesterday morning for turning someone down. It's just a bit of a shock to hear about this kind of gun violence within the white collar nine-to-five community. What kind of person decides that shooting the bearer of bad news is a reasonable response to that news...? It's sad.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My iPod died today. I was already tired and bored at work, but not having music and podcasts to entertain me was really quite annoying. Just when I was really beginning to count on my podcast entertainment... The commute seemed a lot longer today. I gotta figure out where you get these things fixed. GRR.

My job still sucks. At least I didn't have a near-death experience like my friend Art today. He's down in Arizona doing some skydiving.
Art says: Hi there
Art says: I just had a pretty scary malfunction and felt the need to say hello to all my friends.
Stacey says: eep!
Stacey says: but you're okay?
Art says: Yes I am ok, I just wanted to say hi, in case I don't make it on one of these jumps... I am heading back up in a few minutes to "get back on the horse"
Stacey says: be careful!
Art says: I will try
Art says: Bye for now
.................
Art says: I survived!
Stacey says: oh good!
Stacey says: were you extra-scared?
Art says: yeah for sure !
Art says: But now I am all better
Art says: ha ha ha
Stacey says: good, good

I was, like, virtual skydiving today, practically...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home