mardi, février 28, 2006
  can't imagine what I'd have to say
In my boredom-management efforts, the internet is a key tool. I surf, I chat, I email. Through my computer monitor, I grasp at the life that's happening out there to try and feel some of the energy and enthusiasm from a bustling world that I am not a part of. Coincidentally, yesterday we received in our office mailboxes a "Quick Reference Guide" to our company's IT policy, which includes things like, "do not use web email, do not use internet chat, do not use internet (or telephone!?) for person use". Eep. And whatever.

Since they are pretty tight on internet security here, I can't install a chat program and must resort to using web-based versions of such software. For the record, MSN web messenger blows. Messages get clogged up and come either all in a rush, or sometimes not at all. Persuade and I gave up on that and have recently switched over to Google Talk. It works right from the Gmail page and has proven to be much more reliable. There's your IT heads-up for today.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home