jeudi, février 02, 2006
  I wake up feeling like my life's worth living
Work has been a bit hectic this week - "hectic", that is, by the standards I've grown accustomed to at my company. Once a quarter we have board and committee meetings, and since my boss is the corporate secretary, it's his, and therefore my, job to coordinate stuff like meeting materials, logistics, catering, and any emergencies or last-minute requests that come up.

It's currently earnings season in the business community, so even though it is only our audit committee meeting tomorrow, the board members have to approve the year-end financials, and that means a lot of craziness is involved in the preparations. The financial statements never seem to be quite finalized, and the media release is constantly being tweaked. Even at five o'clock tonight we were sending out revised materials to board members, some of whom are already settled into their hotel rooms (here and around the globe) and nowhere near having access to their email. Yeesh.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is the early morning for me tomorrow. The caterer had competing delivery requests and had to make our drop-off time 7:45, so I'm going to be getting to work almost an hour earlier than usual. Love the mornings, yes I do. The other part of this stuff I'm not so excited about is playing hostess or server to the meeting participants. Brewing coffee and setting out juices isn't really my area of comfort. I'm really hoping the president's assistant is there early, too, and I can rely on her expertise in these matters. I'm more comfortable in front of a computer than dispensing beverages, don't you know.

We go through the whole thing again in a couple weeks when the governance committee meeting and proper board meeting occur. I'll probably have to order a full lunch for the dudes that day. Eep.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home