lundi, février 13, 2006
  ouch I have lost myself again
Some magazine here in Calgary has decided to publish the bad cartoons. You know the ones. And so I was just watching the local news where they had the editor of the magazine (Ezra Levant) and a Muslim "Imam" (w/e that is) discussing their positions. The more I hear about this issue, the more I come down on the side of the Muslims. Especially with that smug jackass of an editor I just saw - he was seriously like a child with his, "I'm going to do this BECAUSE NOBODY CAN STOP ME" or something. I couldn't quite figure out why he was feeling so good about himself. The Imam dude was restrained and well-spoken and made the point that this same magazine had opted not to publish pictures of Jesus in the past because they "might offend" Christians. And the editor-dude had the nerve to mention something about "newcomers" to Canada needing to respect the values of Canada. Blah blah. Is he saying that all Muslims are new in town, because I seriously don't think that's the case. It's offensive to their religion, regardless of where they live or how long they've been there. And you're going out of your way to aggravate things.

Ezra thinks he sets the "Western Standard", but I seriously disagree. "Media Runs Scared", he says. Ooh, big brave man.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home